Textile Jewelry: Embroidered Silk Dupioni Rings
Currently I make rings and bracelets matching the silk beads. Well, I’m still experimenting with the bracelets though.
The procedure is exactly the same as with the dread beads:
- making a paper roll and lining it with fabric,
- wrapping fabric stripes soaked in wallpaper paste on the outside of the ring,
- letting ring dry for 1-2 days,
- sewing fabric if necessary,
- embroidering ring with beads and
For embroidering on stiffened fabric I am still looking for extra strong, but superthin beading needles. My use of needles is quite enormous. 😉
Photos: © Rubinskaja
Note: English is my second language. Please excuse possible mistakes. I appreciate corrections. I really do!